Sunday, May 30, 2004

Stranger in a familiar land

Saw many anvil shaped clouds on the bumpy descent into KLIA. It's thunderstorm season! KLIA still half empty - great airport but where are all the planes? Met dad who arrived a bit before me on another flight and split up at immigration where I had to go in a separate queue because I didn't have the machine readable new passport. I'll hold out for as long as I can... Told someone off for cutting the queue at immigration. No one else said or did anything. Meek sheep they were.

Bike bag reappeared with contents still the same shape as when it went into the bag. Conveyor broke down and other bag was delayed slightly. KLIA must be one of the only airports in the world where there are at least 2 people attending to each baggage carousel. Their purpose? To shift the bags around at the point where they emerge so that they don't crash into one another.

Rained hard on the way back from airport, continued on and off over the afternoon into the evening. Took the edge off the temperature a bit so it was only around 29°C. Now that I have gotten used to broadband, dialup is SOOOO SLOOOWWWW...

Location 3°N 101°E

No comments: