Friday, May 14, 2004

Who moved my cheese?

Went for a longish slow run with the club last night. Ran through the usual fields and along the river. What was cabbages a few weeks ago is now newly ploughed brown earth ready for the next crop. I will miss this when I am gone, the golden evenings of padded footsteps on fresh grass, bursting through into a hillside covered in brilliant yellow oil-seed rape... Well not the claggy farmyard mud you get after days of rain though. Or the bull that has been moved into the same field you are crossing!


Picture from the BBC website

Booked a physio appointment today. Good to get a checkup and learn some strengthening exercises. I must be one of the most misaligned people around. Funny that I haven't had more trouble with injuries. Went and did a minor food shop and then on to the Cornish Pasty place in town where the production process is in full view (get to see how much meat they put in). Now I am not the greatest fan of lardly pasties with unknown mush as fillings but this place really does decent pasties. Had Beef and Stilton Pasty and strawberries (unfortunately not little English ones) for lunch, not together of course. The chunks of meat are still there in the pasty but where is the cheese? No this is not selective memory. I am sure that you could taste the Stilton before.

Location 52°N 2°W

No comments: