Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Driving in the rain

Woke up this morning to the sound of rain. Any other day, I wouldn't have minded. Unfortunately I have to drive 200 f**king km to Sheffield today. Being a Monday, traffic is usually pretty bad on the motorways. Thankfully it is the school holidays so fewer cars on the road (hopefully).

It never stopped raining all the way there. Very heavy at times. Traffic slowed to a crawl every now and then. Took me nearly 2 1/2 hours to get there. Had a very interesting first day. LOTS of things to do in the next few months... Absolutely chucking it down with rain when I left at 5pm. Trying to get back home for 7pm to go running with the club. The rain had gone and traffic had cleared towards the second half of the journey but too much time had been lost in the 1st half despite a very heavy right foot.

Got there 15 minutes late. I can write a book on my experiences of how to arrive at training late. Did a short run (about 28 minutes for 6-6.5km) on my own, had a quick chat with a few people after the run and went home. Legs still a bit tired from the ride yesterday. Oh the wet weather is set to continue for the next few days, and I have to do the same 200km journey each way again tomorrow...


Perhaps not such a clever idea to do this when driving in the rain...

Location 52°N 2°W

No comments: