Monday, September 06, 2004

Sunday cruise

The usual Sunday ride with the club. Fairly flat route, as seen by the route profile. Notice that the steep climb to my flat is almost half the height of the tallest hill we went up during the ride. Somehow my legs didn't feel all that good, perhaps due to the driving I did yesterday. Nevertheless my average heart rate (not shown on picture) was very low, around 112bpm (55-60% of max) which is just about verging on being awake.

Stopped at a cafe next to an old railway station on the steam train line at the foot of the Cotswolds. The steam train doesn't go anywhere useful, just for tourists, kids and railway enthusiasts. Mind you, it is a real choo-choo train running off coal and spewing steam. Sorry guys no photos of it since I haven't started carrying my phone on cycle rides.

Very sunny today, of course not compared to Malaysia. Actually got quite "warm" around noon, oh about 25°C. Hot days can be quite dangerous if one doesn't pay full attention to the road when cycling in town due to the "distractions" from people wearing a lot less than their full complement of clothes. :) At least I got home safely. Phew, the weekend just flies by...



Location 52°N 2°W

No comments: