Saturday, January 15, 2005

Puncture...

What sh*t luck. Got a puncture on my rear right tyre on the way to a meeting today. Even better, my boss was riding in the car with me. We did a 10 minute tyre change. Not as fast as the F1 teams but still pretty good. Yep it was a funny sight two men in white shirts and ties stood by the side of a motorway rolling tyres around, turning the jack and undoing wheel nuts. At least we knew what we were doing as we are both engineers... Was going to be on time but ended being about 20 minutes late. Part of this was due to the spare tyre being a "special" which was limited to 80km/h. Why not a full sized spare in this car (at least better than some cars like the Mini with no spare)?

My car is slowly falling apart. Having 120,000 miles (nearly 200,000km) on the clock may have something to do with it. The CV joint on the left front wheel is a bit knackered, setting up vibrations between 64-80km/h (40-50mph) and 96-110km/h (60-70mph). Well I'll just have to drive faster than 110km/h to avoid it then. As long as it gets me to the end of March... The meeting went great. However, I will not be in charge of maintenance in the new factory.

Location 52°N 2°W

No comments: